Ethel Maree Shaneyfelt had a vision for the Aurora Cemetery. Her charitable gift provided funds for improvements to the entrance to the cemetery and towards the purchase of the new kiosk cemetery directory.
IMPORTANT: We have a NEW grant application and guidelines.
***Only grants submitted using the new form will be considered.
Click here for the 2020 HCF Grant Application and Guidelines
The Hamilton Community Foundation grant program was created to help address unmet and emerging charitable needs in Hamilton County. We have formulated a set of general guidelines to help in the allocation of funds since requests generally exceed the amount of fund available.
Preference is given to grant requests that have the following characteristics:
- Project has a “direct” impact on the lives of Hamilton County residents
- Project offers a broad benefit to the greatest number of Hamilton County resident
- Funding for the project is limited or unavailable from other sources
Guidelines for consideration include:
- Organizations with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status under the IRS
- Requests from organizations which have operated successfully for at least one year and demonstrate an ability to enlist financial support from the public
- A demonstrated need for this project/program in the community
- One grant may be awarded per organization per calendar year
The Foundation does not provide grant funding for the following:
- Expenditures incurred prior to formal grant approval.
- Tax supported school systems or municipalities
- More than 50% of a project
- Ongoing operating expenses
- Organizations with unused funds from a prior grant
Grant requests should be typed with information in the order and format requested. Do not use binders, notebooks or other presentation packets and avoid sending additional materials (articles, brochures, letters etc.) unless they directly contribute to the understanding of the grant request. Unnecessary materials will not be provided to the grant review committee.
Expenses for the project should start after the grant has been awarded and must be expended within 12 months of when the grant is approved. Please request only the amount of funds needed.
Grant applications are considered quarterly. The grant calendar is as follows and applications must be received in the office by the deadline date:
|1st Quarter||January 15||1st week in February|
|2nd Quarter||April 15||1st week in May|
|3rd Quarter||July 15||1st week in August|
|4th Quarter||October 15||1st week in November|
Provide one original and 10 copies of the application (double-sided when possible) to: 1108 L Street, P.O. Box 283, Aurora, NE 68818 Applicants are encouraged to reach out to the Foundation prior to submitting a request. Please direct questions to the office at 402-694-3200 or email@example.com.
A high priority of the Foundation is support of many community projects in surrounding communities. A grant was provided for improvements to the Hordville Community Center.